Just for Kids Law are leading trainers in youth justice law and have a proven track record training barristers, solicitors and other professionals working within the youth justice system, such as youth offending teams.
Our highly regarded courses cover all major aspects of the youth justice system and are suitable for anyone interested in youth justice. They are delivered by a specialist team of youth advocates and criminal defence lawyers, together with interactive workshops with former young clients.
Our training programme
YJLC has developed a specialist programme of youth justice training for solicitors and barristers. Here is our 2017 training programme.
We also train youth justice professionals including Youth Offending Teams about youth justice law. For more details please email email@example.com.
Our Youth Justice Summit 2017
YJLC is hosting the first ever Youth Justice Summit on 12th May 2017.
For more information and to book your place, click here.
What people say
Some feedback we have received:
‘The best bit of the course for me was the interaction and feedback from young clients combined with clear guidance on the law. I am now more aware of the provisions in relation to young people and I feel now that even though I don’t know all the answers, I now know where to look.’ Pupil barrister
‘Just for Kids Law inspired me to try to make a difference and affirmed my belief that children deserve the best legal representation possible. Through attending their training, I now feel able to provide quality representation to children with the requisite high standards of care, knowledge and passion.’ Ita Farrelly, Taylor Haldane Barlex LLP
- Over 95% said that they would change at least one element of their practice as a result of the course;
- 90% of delegates said they would recommend the course to colleagues;
- 82% of respondents said they still think about the training or refer to their notes;
- 89% of respondents said the training was useful to them.
Bespoke Training Courses
We are able to develop training courses on youth justice law for all practitioners. We can tailor packages to cover specific areas for lawyers and other professionals who want more in-depth training in a specific area. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The topics covered in our training include:
- Overview of the youth justice system
- Principles of the Youth Justice System (incl. UNCRC & international law)
- Children at the police station & out of court disposals
- Law and practice: Children in the youth court
- Law and practice: Children in adult courts
- Youth Offending Teams & Sentencing
- Effective communication: Importance of Background
- Capacity in criminal proceedings: effective participation & fitness to plead
- Role Plays with youth justice trainers
- Q&A with Former Clients
- Case Studies