YOUTH JUSTICE SUMMIT 2017
Children and young people in the Criminal Justice System:
everything a youth justice specialist needs to know
Friday 12 May 2017 9:30 – 4:30
Allen & Overy, One Bishops Square, London, E1 6AD
This unique event brings together leading practitioners to share and build expertise in representing children in criminal cases. Speakers include former DPP Keir Starmer QC MP; senior Old Bailey judge HHJ Nicholas Hilliard QC; Angela Rafferty QC; and Edward Fitzgerald QC, who acted in Venables v UK.
- Keynote speeches from former HHJ Nicholas Hilliard, Recorder of London, the senior judge at the Old Bailey, Angela Rafferty QC and Edward Fitzgerald QC
- 18 years on from Thompson & Venables: how much has really changed?
- Youth justice clinic: your most pressing practice and legal problems answered by our panel of experts and hear from young people on what they want from their lawyer
- Workshops: Running youth cases effectively and profitably, sexting and serious sex cases and children, litigating the UNCRC: children’s rights in criminal cases, reporting restrictions for children in criminal cases, update on youth sentencing, children with learning difficulties: how to represent them in the youth court, Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs) and anti social behaviour injunctions, Problem Solving Courts
- Presentation of YJLC Youth Justice Champion award
Who Should Attend?
All criminal practitioners who represent children and young people in the criminal justice system.
Professionals who work with children and young people in the criminal justice system.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full price – £225
- Barristers and solicitors under 7 years PQE/call and NGOs – £175
- Pupils, trainee solicitors & students – £50
The Youth Justice Summit is presented with the kind support of our sponsors: